Friday, December 12, 2014

Are Single-Use carryout bags safe?

Ms. Tran's article titled "Safty First!" very interested and informing. I agree with the article when it stated that single-use carryout bag I never knew how of the potential hazard reduce the number of thin plastic bags that harm our environment and may end up in landfills that may take years to decompose. I know in Austin and several other store don't use plastic bags anymore. I believe that's something great and a positive movement. But I did not know the potential hazard of cross contamination it may having well use Single-Use Carryout Bags. The article was very informing and lets the readers know that reusable bags can lead to contamination and sickness if people neglect to wash or clean there bags properly. These article was very helpful because I never knew we are suppose to clean the bags. It was very interested to know that once San Francisco's' ban on plastic bags that it led to an increase in bacterial food-illness and death. I strongly agree the people should be aware of these hazards and proper care should be printed on bags so that buyers are more inform in how to use it. I believe promoting less plastic bags was more encourage then inform others of the use of single-use carryout bags. My colleague Ms. Tran explained the article, stated the problem and lastly gave her thought and opinion that there should be visible display on the bags to inform others about the hazard that comes when using these bags. I encourage people to read this article to inform others and spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment